Do you have teams in your organization that:
- Aren’t as productive as you’d like?
- Have too much conflict among the team members?
- Are led by a first-time leader, who has great potential but needs guidance?
- Has too many leaders or followers? A team needs the right mix.
- Don’t collaborate well among themselves and with others?
A team coach can be the most efficient and effective way to turn your Disappointing to OK Teams into Rockstar Teams.
Team Coaching is development through coaching, team building activities and possibly training, of corporate teams that share a common goal. Whether that goal is sales success, effective project execution, collaboration in the workplace or other, the key is that the team is or should share a goal.
“Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.
[It is} the fuel that allows common people attain uncommon results.” —Andrew Carnegie.
Team coaching can start as a team forms or with a team that is already functioning together. Coaching a team is similar to coaching individuals; but with a very specific shared vision, mission or specific goal. It is series of conversations, supported by core coaching skills.
Team Coaching always has several group sessions, and usually includes individual coaching as well. Elements will include:
- Definition of Mission, Vision or Goal
- Role Definition
- Strengths of Team Members: Know Your Own. Know your Teammates’. Leverage them all.
- Action Plan. This plan will coincide with the project plan; but is not the project plan itself.
- One key thing the Action Plan will identify is required training. The whole team or individual team members may need specific training in areas such as:
- Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Business Writing
- Time Management
- Functions specific to Team Goals
- Specific group and team exercises as needed. These will almost always be conducted to strengthen:
- Communication Skills – Direct and (even more important) Indirect
- Focus: Pay Attention to What Matters Most
Get the most out of your teams, develop team leaders, build skills that will stay with team members forever. Use a Team Coach to help you Make It Happen. At Mustang PPD, we provide these services in Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington as well as Kitchener-Waterloo area.